Why my visual studio 2010 error list doesn't update itself?

Why my visual studio 2010 error list doesn't update itself?

Last edited on
Error list?

Compiler errors? They update every time you try to compile.
Last edited on
Your VS is quite old.
New versions update the error list when you fix a bug.
Well...thanks, guys!
If you are going to use Visual Studio look at getting a newer version. VS 2017 and VS 2019 have a free edition (Community). All you need to do is "register" it with an email address. I created a separate hotmail account for that.

Fair warning:

1. VS 2017/2019 takes up a LOT of HD space, especially if you install a lot of features.

2. C++ is an optional feature that isn't install by default.

3. The web install can be buggy, create an offline install instead if you have the space.
Dear brother, Furry Guy, I really appreciate your attention, and I'll do just like you told me, thanks a lot to the wonderful Duthomhas and also to learner2, you're the good people thanks a lot for your big help.
If you do get a newer version of VS I'd suggest it be 2019. It has a lot of improvements over 2017, and doesn't gobble up as much HD space. It also IMO runs more efficiently than 2017.

Make sure you include the C++ workload when installing VS.
https://www.learncpp.com/cpp-tutorial/installing-an-integrated-development-environment-ide/

FYI, MSVC, 2017 or 2019, defaults to C++14 as the language standard. 2017 & 2019 can compile with C++14, C++17 or some features in C++2a. If you want to compile any pre-C++14 code you will probably need to make some changes to the code.

For instance, if you are using std::random_shuffle to reorder the elements of a container that <algorithm> library function was deprecated in C++14 and removed entirely in C++17. std::shuffle is the function you should use.

Another "for instance:"

The Boost libraries. I like to build the binary libs from the Boost source. Creating release and debug lib files for Boost 1.73.0 for both x86 and x64 creates 152 lib files. For VS2017 that is 1.59GB. VS2019 is 1.28GB.

Boost 1.72.0 creates 148 lib files at 1.67GB for VS2017 and 1.36GB for VS2019. Two less libraries, more space required. Go figure. *scratches head*
I'll do that, man, I'm gonna tell you and give you a feedback if you're ok with that.
Thanks a million!!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.